Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sample 51 - A Clear Path To Follow (Vail, CO '11) (1)

This was taken from the gondola that took us to the top of one of the mountains overlooking Vail, and the glass I needed to shoot through gave this shot some extra blur. Couldn't complain though; the shot looked nice when I played with it as I converted it to black and white.

I liken an achievement as getting from one place to another. You were in one place/condition and you ended up somewhere better.

There can be many paths to get from one place to another. Some paths are less taken than others. Some paths are clearly the best routes to take. It's rare but possible for us to make our own paths to achieve something.

It's easy to fall into the temptation of over-assessing a situation and all the paths to the next step. Something I thought about this morning:

Thinking too much about everything + focusing on nothing = Headless Chicken.

I found out that I can rely on coffee to help out in thinking about everything, but if I'm not focused on anything, frustration can suddenly take over.

Sometimes it's best to let other people go on with their own paths, while we take our time in assessing, consulting when we can, and praying all the way.

That last bit was important. Solomon was absolutely correct in stating in Proverbs 3:6, "In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths."

The quickest and most effective path to take is taken while walking with the Holy Spirit.

God bless you.

 
_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26

No comments: