Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sample 38 - Wet Floor (Colorado '11)



Airports are massive, but I had no idea they would be so huge as DEN, with its own subways... This shot was taken as we were moving from one point to another through the trains. It goes to show that there are those moments when you need to make every second count - in this case I only had one shot at positioning, composing, and shooting this to my liking. 

This was taken with the same trusty D80/18-200mm combination, at 18mm, f/5.6, 1/30 second shutter. The VR on the said lens proved to be invaluable in this case. 

Going back to the subways, I'm just glad my mom and I were able to get around and to where we needed to go just fine. Our trip took us from Manila to Narita to Minneapolis to Denver in the span of 21 hours, at least. This here is one of the many beautiful opportunities I was blessed to have to shoot. I remember rushing myself to upgrade to a D7000 at the time, but I also recall thinking, it's better to have a D80 (or any other camera for that matter) than nothing at all... 

And that brings up a thought. We like to make plans, but I just like to say that we need to keep hoping for the best as just that - hoping for the best. If we expect things to get better, then we definitely can have a Plan 'A', but not before we have a Plan 'B'. Above all, let us remember to acknowledge the Lord in all of our plans (as previously mentioned) for any of our plans to have any sort of potential. 

God bless you. More for Colorado coming soon.

_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26

No comments: