Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Checkpoint 5

I call this 'The Slaughterhouse, Revisited'; This shot started off as DSC_3985.NEF, but this wasn't the first place I posted it; It was number 12 in my abandoned 365 project last year, 2011. How unfortunate for me to forget that Flickr only allows me to show only 200 of the most recently uploaded photos on my stream. Check it out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jibee/5354790648/in/photostream/lightbox/; I noticed it was a bit darker than this version. 

Right now I'm thinking about just merging jibeeshoots.blogspot.com with the original jibee.blogspot.com; I'm a Christian who happens to be enthusiastic about photography - no sense in keeping what I share in two separate blogs when I can have just one.

Now I remember; Hope In Sight was originally 'The Headset Hook', a blog which I made originally for me to make secular posts regarding call center issues and other technical stuff.

Lord, here's another decision I raise up to You; let Your Name be glorified in all this. In Jesus Christ's Name, Amen. 

Okay. I've been watching a documentary on Ansel Adams, and I have to say, this guy was motivated, and focused above all other things. He was 100% concentrated on ensuring he was accurately communicating what he felt when he shot a landscape, from composition to presentation. His large-format, monochrome pieces of art are sheer masterpieces, blessings in their own form; They are instantly captivating, and obviously need no complicated elaboration to leave people speechless.

That convicted me in the sense that I should look at my own life, my own testimony - am I leaving the same impact? Should I even be thinking about it? No, I should keep on moving forward, taking step by step by faith and not by sight, allowing the Holy Spirit to minister... Shooting along the way.

Let's see how all this plays. To God be the glory. 


_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26

No comments: