Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sample 41 - Pao Ala Brenizer (Baguio '12)



This was shot with a Nikon D80, through a Nikkor 30mm f1D lens...

...that's according to wedding photographer Brett Maxwell and his notorious Brenizer Method Calculator. The Brenizer method is known also as the 'bokeh panorama', a method I saw shared here, in Nasim Mansurov's site. The way I understood it was shooting a subject including the whole area around it/him/her, preferably with a prime lens wide open, and then stitching it.  

The Calculator is a fun tool to see what lens you would actually need to shoot the resulting stitch at one go. This was actually a composite using shots from a wide open 50mm f1.8D, with Paola obviously at the focus. 

This obviously isn't the best application of the method, but it is the very first successful stitch I've had (out of 5-6 attempts at another time in Manila). You can tell I'm still practicing and perfecting the whole method for myself; I believe it has its potentials. 

I find it exciting that I'm still shooting this with a Nikon D80. My loyal camera is still working, even after more than 4 years. Thank God for that. Thank God for Ryan Brenizer and everyone else who comes up with these sorts of methods - I say this because it's simple enough to be executed by what I already have, and its potential in leaving impact in a different way is reason to give it a go. 

Oh, and of course, thank God for Paola, for not just standing still, but being so patient with me in all things. God bless you, Babe.

And God bless us all.

_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26

No comments: