Saturday, October 13, 2012

Checkpoint 4

According to what I've been searching in Google, this is a Red Osier Dogwood Tree/Shrub. Beautiful. 


Here's something I wrote down a few hours ago during what I'm establishing as a Saturday afternoon habit: Reading in Starbucks all by myself.

___________

Proverbs 13:4 The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; but the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.

Focus is key. Diligence follows. Diligence to study His Word. Diligence to worship. Diligence to face responsibility.

Proverbs 13:2 A man shall eat well by the fruit of his mouth, but the soul of the unfaithful feeds on violence.

I know that part of my focus should be on who I am in Christ, but nowadays it seems like I'm seeing the sheer depth of rebellion associated with who I was before Christ.

I see how absolutely filthy I was before Jesus came into my heart. Thank God for being so faithful, even when I was faithless... Thank You, Lord.

__________

I suppose we should all be like that dogwood shrub in a way... by the way I learned it turns bright red like that only in the winter. In the coldest wind, that's when the blood that moves in our veins shows the most, and the blood that those of us who believe no longer is our own blood, but the blood of Jesus Christ. For those of us who say we are Christians, we should always remember that we represent Him wherever we go, and especially in the most trying of times.

Thank God for winters, for tribulations... for then we see how hopeless we are, and how the hope we have in Christ is all that matters.

I may not have upgraded my camera and my gear as I so desire, but I am humbled enough to step forward in faith and confidence, pursuing the strength to wholeheartedly share the same words of Paul:

Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

- Philippians 4:11-12

In lacking and in plenty, all we need is the Lord.

In D80 and/or D600, all we need is the Lord. I have to say He's been so patient with me because there was a time I was reading more on the D600 than what wisdom He had for me in His word in a given day.

 Father, continue to take all the glory in what I have to shoot and to share, regardless of what I use to shoot. Let Your name and Your name alone be praised, glorified, and honored, in every click of the shutter. In the Name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.

God bless you.

_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26

No comments: