Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sample 48 - In And Around The Oven

'The Oven' - Metrodorm, Ortigas Home Depot. Nah, I'm overreacting. It isn't too hot inside here, long as the fans work. May I add that it's been a while since I used an HDR combined using JPEG files. It still looked pretty good in my opinion. This shot was partially inspired by Trey Ratcliff's piece from an airport.
This is a side alley of the Sitel OJV building; originally posted on my first blog.


I spent some time with some good friends (and their families) 2 nights ago. We all were part of the group that went down to Manila last December 2008 to assist in the launch of a new account in Sitel Ortigas. We were mountain people in a new land, and right now what that meant was that we no definite lack of stories to laugh about. Good memories. Good moments.

In our weekly pastor's meeting over at the church family I'm part of, we talked about how important it was to take pictures of even the most mundane of events - mundane in my flawed opinion, at least. Records add to our testimonies, and it helps to edify everyone involved.

Jack Brauer made an excellent point in his guest post about landscape photography in Nasim Mansurov's site photographylife.com; That we should aim to step up above capturing a mere landscape but a 'moment in time.' This is why we should always keep the weather (especially those clouds. Those beautiful clouds. :) ) in consideration.

And so today I post a picture I took in Manila, as homage to the wonderful memories I've had of that great city. The hatred I had for this place before I lived there for close to 2 years is an example of how we tend to be unreasonably insecure of what we do not know. Not only was there adventure and experience to gain, but personally I was blessed so much more, through Paola. We keep telling each other how God was just so good to allow us to meet at the right place at the right time.

I mentioned in at least one checkpoint that as photographers we are responsible for the message we deliver in every shot we exhibit. We are blessed as Christians with the inspiration and empowerment given by the Holy Spirit to ensure that Jesus Christ gets all the glory for every picture we show. I've seen through my intentions of posting this shot that not only are we capable in displaying the hope we have in Christ, but the grace He has in being true to His word: that He makes all things - past and present and future - He makes all things happen for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Indeed, God is good, all the time. And all the time, God is good.

God bless us all.

_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26

No comments: