Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sample 7 - Burnham Park at night, January 2011






















I was blessed to have shot these pictures with a good friend, Karl. I was also blessed to have a friend like Dawin who was gracious enough to lend me his 17-55mm f2.8 lens, therefore giving me a small taste of Nikon's 'higher-level' glass - didn't know how to deal with the flare you see in the Panorama, but I'm pretty sure I'll be learning along the way.

God is gracious enough to remind us to keep our priorities straight in His very unique ways. It's always been on my mind to shoot for His glory, but when other agenda comes in the way, I end up in a pickle. That's what I learned later on in the evening, when, even if I had more than enough shots from Burnham, I thought I'd shoot with Dawin's lens a little bit more by taking a few shots of my house before I went inside. The camera fell and landed on the lens (!), but... I was blessed to find out that it was only the hood that was destroyed. I was blessed even more when I spoke to Dawin about it, and I was blessed yet again to see how calm he was when I returned the lens (with cash to pay for a replacement hood).

As I write this now, I'm thinking, 'I'm probably saying 'I'm blessed' too much'... But that's how our God is! If we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us, and the blessings will follow! 

Shalom.

_________________________
jb.redeemed
for full resolution pictures, email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26

No comments: