Monday, July 23, 2012

Sample 6 - On The Unknown Island (Anilao '09)


























Thank God for my brother who paid for me to join this trip to Anilao, Batangas last March 2009. It was the first and last time I saw Manong Zaldy Lamsis, a literal adventurer who took on the depths of the ocean and the highest peaks of the Philippines (and probably some outside the country). That's him in Picture # 5. Manong Zaldy died during a dive some time last year. I could probably say he died doing something he was so passionate about. 

 I remember that I was so scared of the salt spray ruining my camera that I covered the whole thing, lens and all, in a green SM Hypermart plastic bag. I ended up ripping it out because it just looked funny. Be ready to work your shoulders out if you plan on wading in the rocky shores in this area to take shots facing inland. Around that time I didn't care for the wind, but I made sure sea water was nowhere near my camera simply by keeping my D80 above my head as much as I could.

This is the first of many shots that, for the longest time, I have been holding back in making public. I may have had all sorts of reasons but I can tell you now that it was just straight up pride that hindered me.

Comments and feedback are welcome. Be blessed, and keep shooting for His glory. Shalom.


_________________________
jb.redeemed
for full resolution pictures, email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26

No comments: