Friday, September 26, 2014

Sample 136 - High


'They look so small from up here!' - Helix Helicopter, Cnc Generals

If I remember this structure was here for a very long time, and was converted to a view deck. 
This was a rare shot where my excitement to see and be in snow for the very first time was contained effectively. 

My brother striking a pose. 

My mom, dancing the way they would from the mountains she came from, on top of another mountain in a totally different range. She was just as excited as I was.

August 24, 2008 continued to be such a great day. I've seen so much so far - from Echo Lake, to Summit Lake, to the rare animal encounters - and I was already so extremely thrilled... but nothing could have prepared me for the top. See, not only was the view from the top breathtaking, but then it started to snow! 

Now for those of us who have never seen snow before, this was a definite treat! I was scrambling between protecting my camera and just enjoying the snow literally slapping against my face; Sure, it could have been more of sleet than snow, but I didn't care!  I was completely ignoring all the previous warnings against taking the (not weather-sealed) Nikon D40 out in rain and snow, and I was just taking all the cold in... 

This was such an awesome time. It's been 6 years since this day, and I can still remember how absolutely excited and thrilled and blessed and thankful I was for my beloved brother to take us up this mountain. It's a day close to my heart, and I just wish everyone would experience this same absolute happiness I had as an individual, and happiness we had as a family.

I remember eventually jumping in the car (where my loving dad was - he couldn't take the cold as much as we could), and just praying with the whole family, claiming the land for Christ. 

Now that I'm talking about it again after so long... Well, all I can just share is that the goodness of God really leads to repentance. Brother, sister, behold the glory of God in all His beautiful creation, and see how absolutely holy and good and powerful He is! 

That's... that's the reason I continued in photography, now that I'm talking about it... It's to project the absolute goodness and glory of God in all creation, for the sole glory of God Almighty! He is so good!

Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments: