Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sample 26 - Summit Lake, Mount Evans (Colorado '08)




It's been exactly 4 years since my brother treated my parents and I to a drive to Mount Evans, Colorado. Though it's been so long, I could remember exactly how exhilarated I felt with my handy-dandy Nikon D40, prancing around in the near-freezing weather going shot-crazy. We were pressed for time, so most of the 'stops' we had were more of my brother just hitting the brakes while I took a few shots from the car window. Here in Summit Lake, however, we had the chance to step out of the car to move around a little bit.
 
I remember taking shots of my first glimpses of snow - I remember feeling really excited to be so close to the stuff as compared to just seeing it in a book! This was my first time to see it for real, and I was the last one in the family to be in it. 

Just before I made a mad dash back to the car I saw this puddle, and I took these pictures.

Oh, and here's a panoramic shot of Mount Evans from a spot between Summit Lake and our car:




More to come. To God be the glory! Thank God for these opportunities to shoot in such beautiful locations... God bless you!



*These shots were proudly edited with Adobe Camera Raw, instead of throwing them into Photomatix Pro. :)


_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26

No comments: