Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sample 23 - Ortigas Overpass, Night and Day













It's the return of the dreaded HDR... Well, at least what I hope are competent reasons to still do that processing approach. These used to be in my flickr photostream until I deleted them a few hours ago. I got some feedback regarding that first shot, that there was some barrel distortion going on. It's because I'm using the 18-200mm lens. There's a reason they call this specific lens a 'Swiss Knife' - you can do so much of it but if you have a separate dedicated knife, screwdriver, scissor, lightsaber (?), etc., you'd probably use those instead.

After reading countless boys and girls praise and complain about the 18-200mm, I just have to say this - it does the job. It may disappoint some 'pixel peepers', but I'm enjoying it. Though I've been trying to make the 'Nifty Fifty' (50mm f1.8) the main lens on my D80, I always find myself coming back to using the 18-200mm when I need to take some 'safety shots', especially during events. 

About these shots - well, they're of the overpasses on the junction of Emerald Avenue and Dona Julia Vargas over at Ortigas. Enjoy. :)


_________________________
jb.redeemed
email me at jibee@rocketmail.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you His Shalom. - Numbers 6:24-26

No comments: